If a cavity or area of tooth decay is not visible in your smile or is not causing you any problems, you may be tempted to put off a visit with the dentist at Smiles by Hale. But if you wait too long, you will experience problems such as discomfort, bad breath and swelling. You may find yourself in need of a root canal or an extraction. Before your tooth gets any worse, call 239-593-0880 for an appointment with Dr. Thomas Hale for a composite dental filling in Naples, Florida.
Here at Smiles by Hale, we have chosen to use composite, or tooth-colored, dental fillings to repair and restore your teeth. Composite fillings have many advantages over amalgam fillings, including:
- A more aesthetic final result
- The use of a filling material that bonds to your tooth and provides more support for the tooth
- Reduced risk of the treated tooth breaking or fracturing in the future
- Better insulation from temperature changes caused by foods and beverages
- Better seals around the edges of the damaged area, leading to an increased resistance to decay and leaks
- The ability to repair cavities that are too small for amalgam fillings
- Repairs or replacements that can be completed without removing the filling from the tooth
- A safer and healthier treatment, as no mercury or other metals are used
- A treatment that promotes better long-term oral health
When you receive a composite filling, our dentist will carefully select a shade of filling material that matches your natural tooth color. Your damaged tooth will then be thoroughly cleaned and any damaged tissue removed before the filling is placed. We will then cure, or harden, the filling and polish it to complete your treatment. You should be able to receive your filling in just one appointment.
If you have any questions about composite dental fillings or would like to schedule an appointment with our dentist, give us a call today!