A digital X-ray can be a valuable tool in helping Dr. Thomas Hale locate potential oral health problems and create your personalized treatment plan. But in order to give our dentist a complete view of your smile and the surrounding areas, we use panoramic X-rays in Naples, Florida. We invite you to call Smiles by Hale at 239-593-0880 to learn more and plan your visit.
Our dentist and team are dedicated to providing you with the most precise and effective care possible. For this reason, we use panoramic X-rays to capture comprehensive images of your entire jaw. While standard bitewing X-rays will provide pictures of a few teeth and the supporting bone structure, a panoramic X-rays allows us to view the full upper and lower jaws in great detail. The captured images show all of the teeth, the upper and lower jawbones, and the surrounding facial structures so that we can better understand your oral health needs and plan your treatments.
Panoramic X-rays aid in:
- Assessing the need for orthodontic treatment.
- Evaluating the progress of an orthodontic treatment.
- Diagnosing impacted teeth, including impacted wisdom teeth.
- Tracking the development of and damage caused by periodontal disease.
- Evaluating the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and diagnosing TMJ problems.
- Detecting oral cancer.
- Planning dental implant placement procedures.
- Diagnosing tooth decay and other problems.
- Evaluating dental and facial trauma.
- Diagnosing abscesses, cysts and tumors.
Panoramic X-ray machines are quick and comfortable to use. This type of radiography imaging is extraoral, meaning that it will rotate around your head as you stand in place. The captured images are then instantly transferred to a monitor where our dentist can view them and begin evaluating your oral health.
To learn more about panoramic X-rays and schedule a consultation with our dentist, please contact our office today.